Loan Originator FSC
Date ActiveJul 8, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
Due to the department's success, Webster Bank has a Consumer Loan Originator opportunity in the Financial Solutions Center. Now is a great time to join a growing organization!Job Summary:
Facilitate needs based selling of consumer lending products via telephone, online chat and internet. Originate and manage large quantities of loans utilizing a variety of lead sources. Cross sell other bank products and services as appropriate to meet customer needs while providing superior service to existing customers as well as prospects.
* Meet or exceed sales, service quality, and productivity goals on both an inbound and outbound basis.
* Handle inquiries from customers and prospects on mortgage and consumer loans by phone and internet.
* Act as an advocate for the customer, making logical decisions that balance customer needs with Webster objectives.
* Ask discovery questions to determine customer needs.
* Calculate loan--to-values, consider credit and debt to income positions as well as compare a variety of products, programs and pricing in order to make appropriate recommendations to customers.
* Generate business through outreach programs leveraging auto-dialer technology as directed.
* Capitalize routinely on opportunities to cross sell other bank products and services.
* Serve as the main point of contact for all loans from application to closing for customers.
* Track sales appropriately in order to ensure proper incentive payout as well as channel reporting.
* Comply with all regulatory and compliance related requirements.
* Develop and maintain professional working relationships with peers and business partners.
* Create and leverage book of business as source for ongoing business and referrals.
* Manage time appropriately each day in order to follow up with customers and contacts as well as meet deadlines consistently.
* Follow schedule as directed each day in order to provide appropriate phone coverage for customers
* High School / GED required.
* Some college preferred.
* 3 -- 5 years of experience of loan origination / sales and service experience.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
* Must have a minimum of three years of mortgage loan origination experience.
* Ability to negotiate and discuss a variety of mortgage scenarios and follow through with appropriate recommendation for customer based on credit, estimated home value, income as well as other factors.
* Ability to generate and manage large volumes of loans (35+ loans managed in pipeline at any given time).
* Creativity in structuring loan deals.
* Ability to influence and negotiate with customers and business partners.
* Demonstrate time management skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Goal oriented.
* Active listening skills, with the ability and drive to provide superior service.
* Suitability- call center position, wearing a head set seated at a computer all day.
* Detail oriented.
* High tolerance for stress.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
* Typical office environment / working conditions.