Loan Originator CCC
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Due to the department's success, Webster Bank has a Consumer Loan Originator opportunity in the Customer Care Center. Now is a great time to join a growing organization!
Facilitate needs based selling of consumer lending products via telephone, online chat and internet. Originate and manage large quantities of loans utilizing a variety of lead sources. Cross sell other bank products and services as appropriate to meet customer needs while providing superior service to existing customers as well as prospects.
- Meet or exceed sales, service quality, and productivity goals on both an inbound and outbound basis.
- Handle inquiries from customers and prospects on mortgage and consumer loans by phone and internet.
- Act as an advocate for the customer, making logical decisions that balance customer needs with Webster objectives.
- Ask discovery questions to determine customer needs.
- Calculate loan--to-values, consider credit and debt to income positions as well as compare a variety of products, programs and pricing in order to make appropriate recommendations to customers.
- Generate business through outreach programs leveraging auto-dialer technology as directed.
- Capitalize routinely on opportunities to cross sell other bank products and services.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all loans from application to closing for customers.
- Track sales appropriately in order to ensure proper incentive payout as well as channel reporting.
- Comply with all regulatory and compliance related requirements.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with peers and business partners.
- Create and leverage book of business as source for ongoing business and referrals.
- Manage time appropriately each day in order to follow up with customers and contacts as well as meet deadlines consistently.
- Follow schedule as directed each day in order to provide appropriate phone coverage for customers
- High School / GED required.
- Some college preferred.
- 3 -- 5 years of experience of loan origination / sales and service experience.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Must have a minimum of three years of mortgage loan origination experience.
- Ability to negotiate and discuss a variety of mortgage scenarios and follow through with appropriate recommendation for customer based on credit, estimated home value, income as well as other factors.
- Ability to generate and manage large volumes of loans (35+ loans managed in pipeline at any given time).
- Creativity in structuring loan deals.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Goal oriented.
- Active listening skills, with the ability and drive to provide superior service.
- Suitability- call center position, wearing a head set seated at a computer all day.
- Detail oriented.
- High tolerance for stress.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment / working conditions.
Job Reference #: 5000541293106