Loan Operations Manager
Date ActiveJan 22, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Reporting to the Director of Residential, Consumer and B&P Loan Operations, the Loan Servicing manager will manage the day-to-day operations within the Servicing team of the Lending Department including oversight of the loan documentation, administration and overall loan servicing functions in accordance with bank and regulatory policy. The Loan Servicing Manager will provide ongoing leadership and development of the lending operations staff in order to ensure that all aspects of the respective functions described are fulfilled.
- Ensure their team is working closely and effectively with their Banking partners in the management of their loans
- Delivering superior customer service to all clients both internal and external, understanding all aspect of loan processing, ensuring requests are processed accurately within established credit guidelines, SLAs and departmental procedures.
- Oversees the Loan Operations staff ensuring that each area is following state and federal regulations and that all transactions are completed within required timeframe
- Oversees training for all departments within Loan Operations; ensure that all department policies and procedures are updated and communicated.
- Participates in evaluation of production levels and processes changes to determine necessity of changing/enhancing procedures or software enhancements.
- Represents the Loan Operations department at Residential and Consumer loan product development meetings. Makes recommendations relating to integrating new products into existing automation and procedures.
- Train and mentor team members and ensure professional development.
- Other loan related and miscellaneous tasks (i.e. funding, DDA related, Manual entries etc.).
- Support the Director of Commercial Loan Operations in the day to day running of the department.
- Developing relationships with fellow managers and partners within the Line of Business.
- 5+ years' experience in Residential, Consumer and Small Business loan servicing environment, including interactions with multiple systems (ex. ALS, MSP, Oracle general ledger, reporting tools)
- Prior supervisory experience managing fast paced, high volume servicing area (minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience)
- Strong analytical skills especially related to transaction calculation and account reconciliation
- Detail oriented & ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills: ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track activities.
- Ability to challenge the status quo & open to change, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability manage within a metrics driven organization (results driven)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with auditors, regulators and compliance personnel, a plus.
- Receptive to increasing levels of responsibilities and additional process improvement projects
- Other responsibilities as assigned