Loan Closing Associate
Date ActiveSep 6, 2022 12:42:28 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Loan Closing Associate manages the closing of commercial lending transactions, including complex products, from end to end, in accordance with regulations and Sterling National Bank policy. This position reviews legal documentation, schedules closings, processes fees, provides all required reporting and works closely with management to ensure workflow balance and compliance with standardized process and procedures.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- 35% -- Work closely with Managing Directors and outside counsel to prepare and review legal documentation, settlement sheets, third-party reports and other required documents to close transactions.
- 25% -- Maintain pipeline of new loans, extensions and modifications including complex transactions and new products for commercial lines of credit from $100M to $5MM+, commercial real estate, including construction up to $30MM+, public finance transactions, syndications and participations and required.
- 25% -- Facilitate commercial closing transactions from beginning to end. Including performing a variety of duties related to the disbursal of commercial loan funds.
- 5% -- Assist department leadership with drafting and implementing new procedures.
- 5% -- Participate in non-routine activities including mergers and/or technology systems enhancements, as well as improvements to existing software programs utilized by the Bank.
- 5% -- Participate in process improvement projects and new product rollouts; assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- 3 years of experience in Commercial Lending Administration is required.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Knowledge of Commercial and Consumer Regulatory Requirements, business practices and product information.
- Proven ability managing labor intensive Business Banking Loans, complicated participations and Public Finance transactions of over $50MM.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.