If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Under the general supervision of a MD, Associate Counsel, the Litigation Paralegal supports internal and external litigation counsel in all stages of litigation as it relates to the bank's operations, contracts, compliance, and other specific legal needs of the organization .
- Support internal and external litigation counsel in all stages of litigation
- Assist with the factual development and analysis of cases, including communication with relevant business partners to establish the facts of the case
- Work with attorneys to identify custodians and work with the information technology teams to implement and track litigation holds
- Manage the discovery process, including the collection, retention, and production of documents, drafting written responses to discovery, and setting up and maintaining document review platforms
- Draft basic legal documents, including settlement agreements, document retention notices, and response letters
- Develop, prepare and update monthly litigation reports, budgets, and spend analysis
- Conduct legal and factual research using computer databases such as Westlaw
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- 5 years of relevant litigation experience, in-house experience required.
- Paralegal certificate required
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented; must have the ability to work independently
- Critical thinking, evaluation and analytical skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Additional requirements include: comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel and Word, Adobe PDF, Westlaw; familiarity with e-billing software
The estimated salary range for this position is $35.00/hr USD to $45.00/hr USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.