Lead Sales & Service Banker
Date ActiveOct 14, 2022 10:21:53 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Responsible for the day-to-day support and coaching for the Contact Center Sales and Service Team. This is an entry level leadership role within the Contact Center career path. The intent of this position is to provide reinforcement with our business objectives and performance pillars that consist of exceptional client service, revenue generation, teamwork, risk mitigation, and efficiency. This role requires a close partnership with the Sales and Service Managers and Director to continue driving performance excellence amongst our workforce.
This is a dynamic position, universal in concept and often requiring candidates to be flexible with shifting priorities. The nature of this role will require a candidate that is attentive to service, sales, support, escalation, and leadership. It should also be noted that this role is a critical component in the makeup of essential staff as part of our Contact Center model and philosophy within Webster.
- Actively support Contact Center by providing operational expertise and guidance.
- Foster and promote teamwork to support a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals and Contact Center objectives.
- Help to facilitate or lead team meetings, huddles, and training sessions as required.
- Develop strong external/internal relationships with Client and departments through exceptional problem solving, ownership, partnership, and follow through.
- Serve as a front line leader, leading by example at all times and modeling behavior consistent with our Webster Way values and culture.
- Resolve complex and escalated client issues in an efficient fashion in accordance with our quality assurance standards.
- Identify potential process improvements that will help to provide exceptional client service and reduce client effort and inefficiency through effective first call resolution.
- Help to oversee and implement various projects as applicable that are either at a corporate or line of business level. Support Webster Bank strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide oversight as needed to ensure that colleague inquiries or client requests are accurately and efficiently fulfilled.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures.
- Help to coach colleagues and reinforce expected behaviors that are associated with metrics such as: handle time, scheduled adherence, attendance, fee rebates, self-sufficiency, etc.
- Provide guidance and instruction to bankers on proper execution of our Winning Edge philosophy and accountabilities. Work to create awareness around successful sales tactics and utilization of client relationship management tool, Salesforce.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Experience and Skill requirements
High School / GED required.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience – (i.e. Customer Service Experience Required, Supervisory or Managerial Experience Preferred, Call Center Experience Preferred, Banking Center and/or Financial Industry Experience Required.
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (email, internet, intranet, etc.)
- Ability to learn all software systems that support Contact Center and Branch requests, inquires and transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
- Ability to understand Webster and Retail Banking mission, goals, strategies, and roles of key business partners.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in coaching to improve team performance, and acting in a leadership capacity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work any shift between 6:45AM -10:15PM, Monday through Friday, Saturday & Sunday 7:45AM-8:15PM. Shift selections are typically done per quarter in a bid fashion