Lead Mobile Developer
Date ActiveApr 1, 2022 3:42:32 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Technical Lead for Digital Roadmap (DRM) mobile applications based on iOS/Android. This role will be using a wide range of mobile and web technologies and component libraries to build systems, new features and smart interactions on our mobile platforms providing our customers with industry leading user experiences. This role will lead other developers to deliver mobile applications on-spec and on-time; make independent and creative technical contributions relating to developing, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting components and applications; and define user requirements, procedures, and processes to optimize performance efficiency.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
The Lead Mobile Developer has hands-on leadership experience and overall responsibility for the development and maintenance of digital channel mobile applications aimed at a range of iOS and Android devices including smartphones and tablet computers. Primary focus will be hands-on development and technical leadership of iOS and Android applications and their integration with back-end services and working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. Success will be measured by the velocity of products launched and customer satisfaction achieved. You will be expected to actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience and must possesses a firm understanding of Web 2.0 technologies, protocols, data models and user interface programming to translate product feature requirements into high performance, scalable software solutions using best practices. You must ensure alignment between the business operational strategies and technical solutions.
1. Design and build applications for the iOS and Android platforms.
2. Programming well-designed, well-commented, testable, efficient code that follows specified design patterns and architecture.
3. Develop design documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions.
4. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
5. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
6. Apply security and privacy principles.
7. Building and deploying projects and deliverables to non-production environments.
8. Participate in ad-hoc meetings and agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives with the product owner, business owner, business analysts, frontend developers and others.
9. Be immediately responsive to team members when issues, defects or inaccuracies are found within the mobile application code.
10. Perform demonstrations and actively participate in code reviews periodically (i.e. each sprint).
11. Production and technical support of the mobile apps upon launch.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent; an advanced degree is preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in iOS and Android mobile application development
- Experience in medium to large scale consumer facing products
- Proven track record building and releasing new products from conception to production
- Possess a deep technical knowledge of client-side UI/UX development across multiple platforms and form factors (web, smartphones, tablets)
- Able to develop and architect multiple iOS, Android and React Native apps across versions and form factors
- Solid understanding of web-oriented architecture and connecting mobile apps to backend services via RESTful APIs
- Must possess a good understanding of iOS, Android, and React Native UI guidelines
- Deep hands-on knowledge of mobile specific tools, best practices, and challenges
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative agile environment
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Good organizational and office management skills
- Great analytical, cognitive and communications skills
- Good business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Experience in implementing native libraries in application by using the Android NDK
- Proficient in developing Android Framework Services using Intent, Services and AIDL
- Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences
- Experience in using Fragments, Activity workflow, ActionBar Navigation, Menu designs and view controls, and Loaders
- Experience in using debugging tools like Logcat, ADB, fastboot and Hcidump
- Proficient with common Android Framework API's (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps)
- Experience in implementing layers including Core Services, Cocoa Touch, iOS Media, and Audio Support
- Proficient in developing iOS Frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Location, etc.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with XCode debugging tools
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments and Shark