IT SOX Manager
Date ActiveDec 8, 2020 12:52:57 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take on a leadership role and be a part of building an industry best practice SOX program, then this role is for you! Webster is looking to re-shape and expand the internal SOX department and the IT SOX Manager will play a critical role in the refinement and management of the IT SOX program. This role has high visibility across the organization and will be responsible for regular communication with key stakeholders, including various levels of Management and external auditors. The IT SOX Manager is responsible for the oversight, coaching, and development of senior IT analysts as well as management of the team of contractors utilized in the co-source model.
The IT SOX Manager performs comprehensive reviews of IT processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively. The IT SOX Manager plays a key role in the execution of the SOX Program and makes recommendation to various levels of Management for enhancing processes and controls and improving documentation to meet SOX requirements. The IT SOX Manager requires strong leadership and communication capabilities, and will be a critical point of contact for the lines of business. Forming strong relationships with IT business partners and fostering a collaborative environment are critical to success in this role. The IT SOX Manager will serve as a primary contact for the external auditors and will coordinate SOX efforts between the SOX department, SOX stakeholders and external audit. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the transformation of the IT SOX department and play a critical role in the refinement of the IT SOX program. Review existing SOX Program scope and identify areas for control rationalization, control enhancement, and testing approach changes.
- Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact with the CIO Group. Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements and facilitating discussions on controls.
- Lead the walkthrough process with Management and external audit. Collaborate with IT partners to identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed.
- Review SOX testing for key general IT controls (GITCs/ITGCs), IT application controls (ITACs), and key reports (IPE). Review testing approach and align expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and allows for reliance by the external auditors. Leverage knowledge of audit and SOX methodology and industry requirements to ensure effective and efficient testing program is in place.
- Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department. Oversee and review work completed by senior analysts and contractors.
- Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with Management to identify an appropriate solution. Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- Facilitate the planning, risk assessment and scoping activities for IT processes.
- Manage communication with external auditors and serve as a liaison between external audit and IT.
- Review SOC 1 report evaluations to ensure exceptions are appropriately addressed and that appropriate complementary controls are in place and operating effectively.
Bachelor's degree required
A minimum of 7 years of related experience
Prior experience in public accounting or SOX experience is required
CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar designation required
Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
Strong IT background required (Windows, UNIX, SQL server/ Oracle database, etc.)