IT QA Manager - Commercial Banking (FT Remote)
Date ActiveAug 9, 2023 2:03:46 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The QA Lead is a key leader in the Webster QA COE Technology organization. Owns the Software Testing across the assigned workstream and is responsible for quality deliverables in line with the SAFe Agile/hybrid best practices. The QA Lead brings in subject matter expertise in Consumer Banking, has sound working knowledge of Fiserv core banking applications like Signature, Aperio, Connected Teller etc., Major responsibility is to lead by example, manage team of testers across onsite & offshore and provide direction. The role will also work closely with business teams for effective UAT execution and vendor partners to conduct and refine testing standards and best practices while contributing towards predictable delivery of quality releases.
- Lead/Mentor other QA Analysts to evaluate and test software programs and software development procedures used to validate that programs function according to business requirements and conform to establishment guidelines.
- Collaborate with vendor partners to work towards common goal of software testing and quality. Engage with offshore vendor teams as needed to gain efficiency.
- Manage the vendor relationship by working closely with engagement leads to evaluate and track proposals throughout the life of the agreements.
- Define methods to eliminate or mitigate software risks and ensure compliance with security and risk requirements.
- Evaluate change requests, considering increased value versus technical considerations and overall risk; assist in managing defect tracking and resolution.
- Develop performance measures, test plans, testing methodology, and product release criteria based on business, compliance, risk and technical requirements.
- Develop, define, and implement testing strategies and processes corresponding to the needs of the system (including environment(s)) or project.
- Utilize metrics to evaluate and provide information on system readiness, defect tracking, and other measurements as appropriate.
- Actively look for and implement quality and testing efficiency to improve the overall system delivery.
- Guide teams on latest testing trends and tools based on a strong understanding of testing best practices.
- Effective system design and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, and positive approach.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process
- 7+ years of QA/testing/Systems Analyst experience.
- Experience in the Commercial & Consumer banking domains, Commercial Loans, Payments etc.,
- Expertise in Fiserv Core banking applications like Signature, Commercial Center, Wire Exchange, PEP+, ARP/SMS, Weiland AA, ACBS etc.,
- Experience using AS/400 mainframe and query functions
- Experience using HP ALM, JIRA or similar tools is required
- Knowledge of Automation tools like Selenium, UFT etc.
- Ability to manage parallel projects involving multiple applications.
- Vendor resource management experience
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, SAFe Agile, Waterfall, hybrid methodologies
- Able to work in a highly visible, fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
The estimated salary range for this position is $110,000 USD to $150,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.