200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The IT Auditor supports the auditor in charge on assigned audits and partners with the line of business and IT to continuously improve Webster's IT governance, risk, and control environments. The scope of work for this position includes all vital IT and Cybersecurity projects.
The IT Auditor will be part of the audit team responsible for assessing technology risk and evaluating controls across the organization. They will recommend effective solutions to address any problems or irregularities, prepare documentation, and will report on their findings. The IT auditor will follow-up to validate the resolution of audit issues. As part of an experienced audit team, the auditor's role may change from audit to audit; they may be assigned a specific role on an audit project. The position provides the opportunity to learn about a wide range of processes and systems, and to interact with all levels of management across the organization.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, and performs, work on IT, and project auditing assignments under the supervision of the IT Audit Program Manager.
- Performs all aspects of engagement execution, including planning, fieldwork, and closing meetings with line of business.
- Identify risks and controls in IT processes
- Facilitates team meetings and discussions with management.
- Identifies control weaknesses, assesses their impact, and formulates effective, practical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Communicates and confirms audit results with management.
- Participates in special projects in the department where appropriate.
- Actively pursues continuing professional education in line with the department's needs, and personal career goals.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with line of business contacts and external auditors
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree required, (IT discipline preferred.)
- Excellent organizational, communication and report writing skills.
- Strong technology background in multiple IT disciplines (information security/cybersecurity, infrastructure, database, networking, application development, etc.), and working knowledge of audit practices and standards.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, and FFIEC, etc.
- Data analytic skills and aptitude, and familiarity with tools such as SQL, MS Access, Excel, or related data analysis tools.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Information Technology or IT Audit
- Professional Certification: CIA, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or related audit/technical designation is preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000399202006