IT Audit Supervisor
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The IT Audit Supervisor acts as the auditor in charge on assigned audits and partners with the line of business and IT to continuously improve Webster's IT governance, risk, and control environments. The scope of work for this position includes all vital IT and Cybersecurity projects. The IT Audit Supervisor participates in all aspects of the audit process, including periodic audit risk assessment and audit plan development, audit project execution, and advisory and special internal projects.
The successful candidate will bring significant (preferably, hands-on) IT knowledge and skills to all aspects of the role. It is important that the individual builds and maintains a network, including the line of business, IT, and HSA Bank leaders, to facilitate the continuous identification of emerging risks, understanding of long and short term strategy, and to fulfill the role of a reliable, objective, and trusted risk partner. The position requires the ability to explain complex risk concepts, and to evaluate and negotiate proposed management action plans with all levels of management, through effective face-to-face and written communications. The individual must keep up to date on latest IT technology trends and risks.
An IT Audit Supervisor makes recommendations to reduce risk or improve operations, while ensuring that audit work is performed in compliance with audit procedures and properly documented and supported. This individual is also responsible for providing leadership, coaching, and promoting teamwork to staff auditors and fellow team members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, performs, and supervises work on IT, and project auditing assignments under the supervision of the IT Audit Program Manager.
- Performs and/or supervises all aspects of engagement execution, including planning, fieldwork, and closing meetings with line of business.
- Facilitates team meetings and discussions with management.
- Identifies control weaknesses, assesses their impact, and formulates effective, practical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Reviews audit work for compliance with department and industry standards, and ensures workis properly documented and supported.
- Where applicable, coaches, directs, and supervises the audit staff throughout the engagement, and reviews their work on a timely basis for adequacy, and suggests possible improvements.
- Communicates and confirms audit results with management.
- Documents procedures used in each audit through preparation of detailed work papers.
- Prepares written audit reports to include audit objectives, scope, findings, and final recommendations. Participates in special projects in the department where appropriate.
- Actively pursues continuing professional education in line with the department's needs, and personal career goals.
- Promotes knowledge sharing among team members.
- Provides assistance for external audits as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree required (IT discipline preferred.)
- Excellent organizational, communication, and report writing skills.
- Strong technology background in multiple IT disciplines (information security/cybersecurity, infrastructure, database, networking, application development, etc.), and working knowledge of audit practices and standards.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, and FFIEC, etc.
- Minimum 5 years related technology experience with a minimum of 3 years of IT audit experience.
- Professional certification: CIA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, or related audit/technical designation is preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000367368706