IT Audit Manager II
Date ActiveAug 17, 2022 6:33:28 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The IT Audit Manager leads audits and partners with the line of business and IT to continuously improve Webster's IT governance, risk, and control environments. The scope of work for this position includes all vital IT and Cybersecurity audits and projects. The IT Audit Manager participates in all aspects of the audit process, including periodic audit risk assessment, audit plan development, audit engagement execution, and advisory and special internal projects.
An IT Audit Manager makes recommendations to reduce risk or improve operations, while ensuring that audit work is performed in compliance with audit procedures and properly documented and supported. This individual is also responsible for providing leadership, coaching, and promoting teamwork to staff auditors and fellow team members.
- Lead (and at times, execute) testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Manage and execute the Cybersecurity Audit Program
- Facilitate team meetings and discussions with management.
- Identify control weaknesses, assess their impact, and formulate effective, practical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Prepare written audit reports and issue rating evaluations.
- Review audit work for compliance with department and industry standards and ensure work is properly documented and supported.
- Coach, direct, and manage the audit staff throughout the engagement, and review their work on a timely basis for adequacy and suggest possible improvements.
- Document procedures used in each audit through preparation of detailed work papers.
- Monitor business, industry and economic activities and maintain IT audit universe record risk assessments.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with senior line of business contacts and external auditors.
- Actively pursue continuing professional education in line with the department's needs, and personal career goals.
- Promote knowledge sharing among team members.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required (IT discipline preferred.)
- Excellent organizational, communication, and report writing skills.
- At least six years of experience auditing IT (internally or externally); technology experience preferred.
- Strong technology background in multiple IT disciplines (information security/cybersecurity, infrastructure, database, networking, application development, etc.), and working knowledge of audit practices and standards.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, and FFIEC, etc.
- Professional certification: CIA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, or related audit/technical designation is preferred.