Date ActiveMay 4, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location975 Ashley Boulevard-MBR02
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
As an intern with Webster Investments, you will provide a wide range of marketing activities to support WIS Financial Consultants with a major emphasis on telemarketing activity for setting FC appointments.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Services intern will be responsible for assisting the team with a wide range of activities:
- Telemarket to book appointments, including qualifying leads and providing basic product information on registered products to potential prospects. (Intern should be licensed to discuss products with prospects)
- Prepare and assist with marketing activities, including investment days, seminars, telemarketing nights, direct mail campaigns.
- Provide administrative support: (e.g., telephone coverage, mail, meeting arrangements, coordinate communications, fax and photocopy)
- Keep complete log of all sales and appointments; assist with tracking and reporting of sales/appointments by branch for both FC and LBEs
- Follow-up with customers who were referred by bank staff and track all kept appointments for reporting purposes
- Maintain extract data from customer database contact management system for marketing campaigns.
- Attend meetings as required and work on miscellaneous projects as requested.
- Handle variety of customer communications including:
- Prospecting letters
- Confirm appointments
- Send out appointment cards and review cards
- Order customer illustrations
- Trouble shoot customer problems for resolution
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Current undergraduate or graduate student; Preferred: 2-4 years college experience
- Interest in banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Diligent and dependable