Internship, Sponsor & Specialty Commercial Banking
500 Boylston St-MAS10
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
- Assist Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers with research and analysis.
- Work on special projects, financial modeling, entering data, working on financial spreads, and other market and client analysis as needed.
- Under direct supervision may assist with preparing loan documents from rough drafts and/or review documents for accuracy and completeness.
- May assist with preparing credit reports, bank papers, and instruction forms for less complex customers.
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university who is pursuing a degree in finance, economics, accounting or business; Preferred: Minimum 2 years college experience
- Interested in banking/financial services industry
- Business and/or Financial Analysis skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a fast paced environment
- Good presentation skills
- Resourceful, motivated and proactive
- Highly organized
- Diligent and dependable
- Strong work ethic