Internship, Investment Services
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
As an intern with Webster Investments, you will provide a wide range of marketing activities to support WIS Financial Consultants with a major emphasis on telemarketing activity for setting FC appointments.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Services intern will be responsible for assisting the team with a wide range of activities:
* Telemarket to book appointments, including qualifying leads and providing basic product information on registered products to potential prospects. (Intern should be licensed to discuss products with prospects)
* Prepare and assist with marketing activities, including investment days, seminars, telemarketing nights, direct mail campaigns.
* Provide administrative support: (e.g., telephone coverage, mail, meeting arrangements, coordinate communications, fax and photocopy)
* Keep complete log of all sales and appointments; assist with tracking and reporting of sales/appointments by branch for both FC and LBEs
* Follow-up with customers who were referred by bank staff and track all kept appointments for reporting purposes
* Maintain extract data from customer database contact management system for marketing campaigns.
* Attend meetings as required and work on miscellaneous projects as requested.
* Handle variety of customer communications including:
o Prospecting letters
o Confirm appointments
o Send out appointment cards and review cards
o Order customer illustrations
* Trouble shoot customer problems for resolution
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Current undergraduate or graduate student; Preferred: 2-4 years college experience
* Interest in banking/financial services industry
* Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
* Highly organized
* Proficient in Excel and Word
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Diligent and dependable
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 5000330480006