Internal Closing Associate
Date ActiveOct 13, 2022 9:49:37 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
JERICHO, NY & STAMFORD, CT
Under the supervision of the Director of Loan Closing, the Internal Closing Associate
collaborates effectively and seamlessly with Legal Doc Prep, Managing Directors and Portfolio Managers to perform the Due Diligence Review, this includes fulfilling the Compliance validations necessary for Flood, Beneficial Ownership and CIP. Works in conjunction to support the closing process for new and existing transactions requiring internal documentation requests, this includes reviewing approvals and loan executed loan documents. Coordinates the collateral processing with collateral team to ensure timely recording and filing. This position participates actively in the closing pipeline to support Month-End goals and SLA deliverables. Adheres with established policies and procedures and meets all compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Works directly with Legal Doc Prep Team and Lending teams to collect, review and prepare the due diligence in accordance with proper credit approval, loan documentation standards and regulatory requirements. Completes the proper Boarding Sheet for Booking. Ensure appropriate disbursements, fees and expenses are collected and accounted for accurately.
- Reviews executed loan packages for accuracy and completeness. Works with team for missing/incorrect items requiring action prior to passing for booking. Ensures packages are submitted to QC without exceptions being cleared.
- orders flood determinations, entity verification documentation and title reports as applicable for the deal type.
- Regulatory compliance. Complies with applicable company policies and banking regulations including, but not limited to BSA, CIP, Flood Compliance and other applicable regulations.
- Participate in non-routine activities including mergers, technology systems enhancements, as well as improvements to existing software programs, utilized by the Bank.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- 2 years of working experience with Commercial Loan Documentation, loan closing - preferred.
- Working knowledge of Laser Pro a Plus
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- High degree of accuracy; organized and detail oriented work style
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills. Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent decision-making skills.