Internship, Bank Operations
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
- Robust experience to include formal and experiential learning, volunteerism and networking
- Challenging assignment in an Operations functional team
- Learn all about the daily operational and compliance aspects of fulfilling our customer's transactions performed via our banking centers or online channels
- Explore the world of commercial lending operations. Handle borrower inquiries on payoffs, modifications of repayment terms, foreign exchange derivatives, pledging loans to government authorities and analyzing our portfolio to meet corporate strategies.
- Brainstorm with Bank Operations teams to increae efficiences, streamline processes and enhance our customer's overall experience.
- Core competency development in required corporate skills
- Coaching, mentoring, evaluation, and feedback
- Current undergraduate or graduate student; Preferred: 2-4 years college experience
- Interest in banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Diligent and dependable