High Risk Customer Monitoring Analyst
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Bank is seeking a High Risk Customer Monitoring Analyst with knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements to fulfill the following duties:
Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) monitoring of high risk customers, cash intensive businesses, Politically Exposed People (PEP), Money Services Businesses (MSBs), foreign customers, ATM contractors, third party senders, non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs) etc.
- Conduct customer data mining, utilizing internal anti-money laundering interdiction software to identify patterns of suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing and/or other related financial crimes.
- Review internal account relationship/activities where money laundering or related employee misconduct allegations are possible
- Utilize independent judgment, based upon training and experience, review suspicious transactions referrals from Webster Bank's Lines of Business and internal Anti-Money Laundering/ Terrorist Financing software and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Prepare detailed investigation reports that logically outline investigative steps taken, research completed and recommendations utilizing analytical judgment and knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations (BSA), recommend if a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and communicate with Webster Bank's Lines of Business (LOB) to provide guidance with compliance laws and regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations.
- Interpret and maintains a strong knowledge of all current and proposed BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Manage data collection and quality control of investigative work product.
- Research and support peer bank inquires (USPA 314b requests).
- As appropriate, communicate the results of FIU investigations to Director of Bank Secrecy Act program (BSA Officer).
- Preparation of the appropriate management reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- May act as the representative from the Financial Investigations Unit on the Suspicious Activity Review Counsel or High Risk Business
- May be called to testify in State and Federal civil/criminal court proceedings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of experience in corporate compliance, banking, and/or investigations.
- Knowledge of and experience with BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and AML (Anti Money Laundering).
- Strong analytical, computer, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
- ACAMS certification preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000426850306