High Risk Customer Monitoring Analyst
Date ActiveMar 8, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Webster Bank is seeking a High Risk Customer Monitoring Analyst with knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements to fulfill the following duties:
- Conduct financial investigations to mitigate regulatory, reputational and compliance risk for Webster Bank, N.A. and its affiliates.
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) monitoring of high risk customers, cash intensive businesses, Politically Exposed People (PEP), Money Services Businesses (MSBs), foreign customers, ATM contractors, third party senders, non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs) etc.
- Conduct Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and USA Patriot Act 314a investigations
- Conduct customer data mining, utilizing internal anti-money laundering interdiction software to identify patterns of suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing and/or other related financial crimes.
- Review internal account relationship/activities where money laundering or related employee misconduct allegations are possible
- Prepare detailed investigation reports that logically outline investigative steps taken, research completed and recommendations utilizing analytical judgment and knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations (BSA),
- Interpret and maintain a strong knowledge of all current and proposed BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Manage data collection and quality control of investigative work product.
- As appropriate, communicate the results of investigations to Director of Bank Secrecy Act program (BSA Officer).
- Preparation of the appropriate management reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
- May be called to testify in State and Federal civil/criminal court proceedings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- College degree or equivalent experience required in compliance, banking, and/or investigations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations and investigations preferred
- Proven ability to work independently in a high volume environment
- Strong analytical, computer, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) preferred