Head of ABL Portfolio Management
Date ActiveJun 21, 2022 11:25:07 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location360 Lexington Ave-NY000
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Head of ABL Portfolio Management, Senior Managing Director
This Senior Managing Director-level position will lead Webster Business Credit’s portfolio management activities with the goal of providing an excellent, proactive client experience while ensuring safety and soundness for the bank. The SMD will directly manage four portfolio management teams, and be an integral, collaborative member of the WBC leadership team. The Head of Portfolio Management will be responsible for oversight of the division’s credit risk management of the ABL Client Portfolio, and directing all related activities including deal screens, underwriting, loan approval, loan documentation and ongoing portfolio management.
In addition to strong leadership skills, the ideal candidate will possess excellent credit skills, have a strong process orientation, a bias for action and be a true change agent, while consistently demonstrating the Webster values.
- Manage workflow of Portfolio Management Team Leaders, Portfolio Managers, and Credit Analysts.
- Assure exceptional credit execution including prudent, sound, and timely completion of all portfolio management responsibilities. Become subject matter expert for ABL credit policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with ABL Division Head, Originators and Credit Risk Management on underwriting and credit approval matters.
- Provide effective advocacy for deals during client meetings, deal screens and approval calls and engage in thoughtful and respectful discussions with business line and credit partners regarding deal structure, risks and mitigants.
- Lead lender meetings on agented transactions.
- Collaborate with business line and risk leadership to assess practices and processes and recommend and implement changes to increase efficiencies, including participation in Policy Oversight Committee meetings.
- Demonstrate effective coaching and mentoring to build upon team members’ skills and knowledge, assure appropriate habits and behaviors and continuously improve the quality and consistency of the group's underwriting and portfolio management activities.
- Attract, select, develop, and retain top talent while promoting and championing a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Webster’s markets, key business issues and credit considerations.
- Assure the portfolio and all deal screen memos, term sheets and underwriting documents meet all Bank policy and federal compliance requirements.
- Serve as Division’s Lead (in conjunction with Business Line Mgrs.) with OCC & Credit Risk Review on all exams. Meet Credit Risk Review, Audit, SNC and OCC requirements for acceptable reviews.
- Support a strong risk culture for Webster Bank by conducting day-to-day business in compliance with laws and regulations, internal policies and guidelines and proactively identifying, communicating, and addressing issues warranting attention.
- Timely completion of online compliance and operating risk management training modules.
Education, Skill & Experience:
- Comprehensive credit knowledge, structuring skills and portfolio management expertise
- Asset-based lending or workout background a plus
- Highly effective interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and written)
- 10+ years banking experience; 5+ years management experience
- Bachelors degree required, concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred
- MBA preferred
The estimated salary range for this position is $220,000 USD to $250,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22-1664