Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Project Lead
Date ActiveApr 27, 2022 3:37:43 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Project Lead will lead key Enterprise Risk Management projects under the direction of the Head of Enterprise Risk Management. The individual will assist the Enterprise Risk teams to achieve long-term strategic objectives that impact the organization and management across functions and will be responsible for achieving the goals and objectives of specific ERM strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will be able to gather, understand and interpret risk management concepts, expectations, and requirements, and translate them into deliverables and timelines and lead successful implementations.
Critical success factors for this role include strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive approach in communicating requests and escalating issues. Ability to quickly come up to speed on multiple topics concurrently (e.g. risk frameworks, processes that are being enhanced/transformed) to be able to understand program objectives and to oversee / contribute effectively to their execution. Strong project management skills. Understanding of banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large financial institutions, particularly as it relates to operational/enterprise risk management.
- Provides leadership to implement enterprise risk management framework, infrastructure and projects including technology and tools
- Leads change. Guides and energizes others, models adaptability, and inspires strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity
- Works collaboratively with program managers and business leads to synchronize initiatives and plans
- Gathers and interprets risk management concepts, expectations, and program requirements, and translates them into deliverables and timelines
- Leads successful project implementations. Delivers on time and within project timelines and budget.
- Partners with other functions to identify solution approaches and assess, evaluate, and provide recommendations for path forward in advancing risk management process efficiency and scalability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field
- At least 8 years of experience in operational/enterprise risk management or related discipline in banking/financial services industry with thorough understanding of banking products services and processes
- At least 5 years of experience in developing/implementing risk and controls frameworks, risk and control assessments, and/or internal control testing/evaluation or related work. Banking experience a plus.
- Project management experience implementing large scale projects with cross-functional impact.
- Understanding of regulatory environment, frameworks and requirements
- Proven thought leadership capabilities, creative thinking skills, ability to drive change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions under pressure and with imperfect information.
- Highly organized. Ability to prioritize competing priorities and conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively influence and consistently build strong lasting working relationships with stakeholders across all levels.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills. Ability to express complex ideas using simple terminology.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking and facilitation skills.
- Excellent work ethic, accountability, integrity, high degree of autonomy and personal drive
- Proficient with using technology and tools/systems with strong Excel skills and database experience
- Experience using GRC tools (ex: Archer, MetricStream, LogicManager, ServiceNow) a big plus