145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This role will administer day to day Retirement Plan benefits for the bank's employees. The candidate should have 401(k)/retirement plans experience and be able to help support all of the bank's benefits plans. Their primary responsibility will be in the savings plans area, including administration of 401(k) administration, ESPP, pension and non-qualified plans. This role will also assist with other benefit programs as needed.
- Manage administration of the 401(k) and ESPP plans, including answering questions from employees, ensuring accurate submission of data to third party administrators, and reconciling eligibility and deductions each payroll period.
- Work with HR Business Partners, participants and third party administrators on a daily basis to resolve participant issues, data questions and calculation questions quickly and accurately.
- Develop communications and training for benefits programs to help promote employee usage. Be on-site at benefit fairs and visit other locations to answer questions regarding programs.
- Work with third party administrators with annual valuation, true-up analysis, plan testing data verification and SOX quarterly testing.
- Assist with external and internal plan audits, Form 5500 preparations, and required mailings.
- Update and edit plan documents, summary plan descriptions and other benefits communication materials.
- Coordinate quarterly Retirement Committee meetings, including recording and distribution of minutes.
- Ensure compliance with US federal, state and local laws and ensure confidentiality of employee and retiree data.
- Work with third party administrators to maintain executive deferred compensation and supplemental pension plan benefits.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and implement efficiencies.
- Participate in other benefit projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Employee Benefits/Retirement Plans Administration
- Working knowledge of benefits related laws and regulations
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential material with discretion at all times
- Self-directed with excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Emphasis on strong interpersonal, oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft applications, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills