145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Diversity and Inclusion Officer is responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of Webster's Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) related programs.
* Facilitates the development of a strategic plan for diversity and inclusion across Webster.
* Continuously evaluates the organization's policies, systems, and processes to ensure they fully incorporate diversity and inclusion competencies and principles in all areas of the business. Works with LOB leaders to embed D&I these competencies and principles into our internal and external business practices.
* Collaborates and acts as a team player across multiple areas of Human Resources, including partnership with the Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, HR Analytics, and Human Resources Business Partner teams to implement the D&I strategy and programs across the bank.
* Manages diversity education programs and services, including creating and delivering customized training programs, working with the HR L&D function and external vendors/consultants (as appropriate) to integrate diversity principles into Webster's leadership curriculum.
* Leads the Webster D&I Council - manages calendar, agenda items, structure, membership and activities/programs sponsored by the Council.
* Leads and enables company-sponsored Employee Resource Groups to ensure alignment with business objectives and Diversity & Inclusion strategy; builds relationships with ERG executive sponsors, leadership and other key stakeholders to ensure engagement and alignment with overall D&I strategy
* Develops and maintains external strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations that support Webster's diversity objectives.
* Consults with Talent Acquisition to diversify talent pipelines and to collaborate with external industry partners.
* Develops and delivers diversity related metrics as appropriate across the bank, encourages LOB leaders to report on these metrics. This is inclusive of annual Affirmative Action Plan creation and reporting, as well as other federal and state-required reporting (e.g. EEO-1, VETS, etc.).
* Works with Webster communications team to design and implement a communication plan for D&I programs and messaging.
* Works with Webster marketing team to ensure D&I is a focus of the Webster marketing plans.
* Conducts ongoing research on best practices and recommends strategies for continuous improvement of diversity initiatives. Evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of Webster's activities related to diversity and inclusion and their impact on business results.
* 15 or more years of experience in the field of HR or diversity and inclusion, with a compelling track record of leading in a corporate environment.
* Prior leadership experience leading teams
* In depth knowledge of diversity concepts and programs.
* Ability to drive creation & implementation of strategic plans and tactics that positively impact business results
* Excellent leadership, project management, and consulting skills.
* Knowledge of analytical techniques and how to leverage research and set measurable goals
* Ability to communicate in clear and compelling ways and adapts appropriately to the environment
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Strong collaboration skills and the ability to build credibility and relationships
* Required Education Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience Preferred Education Advanced degree