Two Stamford Plaza-FF773
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Description: Originate and structure direct, lead opportunities for equity-sponsored cash flow senior debt transactions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Execute on highly focused prospecting activities.
- Develop strategic leverage finance relationships with private equity firms, investment banks, and other industry participates to originate direct senior debt investment opportunities.
- Assist in syndication process of underwritten deals and best efforts arrangements.
- Manage a team of underwriters and portfolio managers to book and manage a sizeable portfolio of new senior debt investments.
- Facilitate due diligence processes with Bank's internal underwriting teams.
- Advocate for new deals in credit approval process. Develop and maintain deep understanding of customer's financial condition and needs.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of Webster products, services, and capabilities.
- Represent Webster in local community.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree, CFA, or CPA a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in leverage finance. Experience can include capital market, execution, originations, structuring and cross selling bank products and services.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate productive relationships with private equity firms.
- Proven, quality credit and structuring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of regulations governing financial products/services.
- Background and relationships in technology and telecom.