Director, Underwriting Factoring - Remote
Date ActiveMar 30, 2022 4:54:29 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
Webster Bank is looking for someone to lead the due diligence process including structuring complex loans for existing and prospective clients, and ensure such loans comply with established credit policy. In this position, you will identify and mitigate risks associated with each loan, negotiate terms, structure and document internal and external parties, prepare credit offering memorandums and present proposed loans to SNB's Senior Credit Committee. Additionally, you will assist the team in achieving its overall risk management, relationship development and growth objectives.
- Underwrite packages are completed in a timely manner and address the prospect's ability to repay the loan and provide an exit strategy.
- Qualify, analyze, structure and document complex credit opportunities to ensure timely approval and clearly provide a method to monitor the ongoing risks. Conduct financial, legal and business due diligence beginning at deal inception, including a review of financial statements and projections, collateral reporting, tax returns, industry and company research, and market demographics. Analyze and evaluate collateral information, including field examination reports and appraisals to determine proper lending limits; and, financial projections (including modeling and sensitizing the projections) to identify significant trends and drivers of risks as well as set meaningful financial covenants.
- Work closely with team, vendors, and prospects and clearly communicate issues and findings among all parties in a prompt and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 10 years of experience in Specialty Finance Lending, Commercial Lending or Risk Management.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelors, and/or Masters) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration. Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Strong demonstrated credit, interpersonal and written communication skills