Director, Treasury Management Sales
Date ActiveFeb 1, 2022 9:55:09 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
As a Business Banking (BB) Treasury Management Sales Director you will focus primarily on generating new business from prospective clients with your assigned BB Teams, in addition to growing the existing revenue base from existing clients in Webster Banks Business Banking market. You will work closely with bankers to ensure proper alignment of strategies and credit capacity for all Treasury Services products.
- Work in partnership with Business Bankers to develop new profitable business from prospective clients; developing strategic account plans and executing them. Plan the upcoming year's growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
- Sell treasury management services to BB customers and prospects within a defined territory. Assists other less senior Treasury Management Sales Officers in their sales efforts
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing in the market. Analyzes the cash position/flow and proposes appropriate services. Maintains an awareness of trends and new developments in the field of treasury management through attendance at trade shows and related seminars
- Prepare and present sales proposals. Responsible for reviewing monthly Account Analysis Statements in a timely manner to ensure newly implemented services are being properly charged. Actively communicates and coordinates sales strategy with Senior and Executive Management within defined territory.
- Perform timely follow-up concerning newly implemented treasury management services to ensure customer is satisfied and/or carefully understands the mechanics of the service. Assist in coordinating the resolution of operational problems reported by customers in a timely manner.
- Assists Line Partners in understanding treasury management product risk and ensuring Sterling National Bank’s credit policies are applied throughout the sales cycle. Also, conduct training session to assigned Line Partners.
- Receive new product and product enhancement information/ training from Treasury Management's product staff. Maintains and updates the bank’s CRM system regarding sales calls, pipelines, closed sales, etc. to enable the generation of monthly activity reports to track sales and revenue growth by market segment.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 7+ years of experience in Treasury Management Sales
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of Treasury Services products, credit process, overdraft management discipline, and pricing philosophy
- Strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to generate ideas, identify and drive the development of new business
- Demonstrates excellent/strong selling and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates excellent/strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong industry/market expertise
- Demonstrates strong time management, organizational and planning skills
- Possesses strategic thinking skills
- Has the ability to mobilize internal and external networks and resources
- Has the ability to use various PC and Internet-based systems to manage their business portfolio
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelors, and/or Masters) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification preferred