Director, Tech Risk Framework
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The incumbent will take a leading role in the design, implementation/improvement, and management of certain information risk functions for Webster Technology. These processes serve to identify and mitigate all risks associated with Webster. Specific processes include providing thought leadership to process owners to identify and document key risk and control indicators, providing effective challenge to owners, and overseeing execution of 20+ process reviews monthly. Will also be responsible for overseeing documentation of other risk reporting activities, as well as project management for assigned strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and execution of the Enterprise Risk Management framework within First Line.
- In collaboration with IT process owners, lead the identification of material risks associated with Webster Technology activities, and the establishment of necessary operating procedures and technical standards to mitigate these risks and comply with policies and standards.
- Coach process owners on control design, self-assessment processes (RCSA), control testing, and identifying KPIs and KRIs. Maintain overall Webster Technology process taxonomy. Participate in the integration with the central GRC platform.
- Take a leading role within the organization to adapt risk and audit processes and practices to align to an agile operating model.
- In partnership with second line of defense, monitor for new legal requirements and communicate across Webster Technology as required. Oversee and/or conduct gap analyses and monitor progress toward implementation.
- Provide expertise and leadership to first line control owners and develop and implement target operating model for SOX compliance in first line.
In collaboration with the second line, monitor for new regulatory guidance associated with Webster Technology activities
- Ability to plainly describe risk concepts to first line operational personnel.
- Synthesis of complex and potentially conflicting data into simple, actionable reporting.
- Familiarity with technology, and an aptitude for learning emerging technologies and how regulatory requirements may evolve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills -- ability to collaborate and communicate up/down and across the organization with internal/external partners.
- Ability to resolve conflicting opinions without compromising high quality risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of experience in Risk or Audit functions, preferably in a banking environment.
- External Audit (Big 4) audit and consulting experience preferred.
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP or other auditing or risk management certification is desired.
The estimated salary range for this position is $150,000 USD to $170,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.