If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Lead Software Engineer - Shared Platform Services role provides subject matter expertise for multiple shared platforms used in IT solutions across the enterprise. Responsibilities include administration, support, and enhancement through configuration and customization of these platforms. These platforms may be internal or third-party cloud services that are integrated with Webster Bank applications and services as part of our business processes. Integrations with these shared platforms will be via API and/or file exchange and may be bi-directional.
This role will work as a member of a team of technical software engineers researching and building subject matter expertise in platforms to be used across the enterprise. This subject matter expertise includes understanding the capabilities and benefits of the shared platform, configuration and/or customization of the platform, and any related coding and testing.
This is a lead engineer role that focuses on architecture and strategy. The Lead Software Engineer will work closely with the business, peers, and other IT teams to understand the business/technical requirements, which they use in conjunction with Solution Architects to design the overall technical solution. Specifically, they will focus on how our shared services can provide a solution to the requirements and the integration strategy for how other systems will interact with the shared platforms. Ultimately, this engineer will implement solutions to business requirements using our shared platforms.
From a leadership perspective, the Lead Software Engineer will set standards and guide the efforts of contractors and other software engineers in designing/implementing solutions leveraging their respective shared platform. Additionally, they will educate and document how the platform should be used by users.
Strategically, the Lead Software Engineer will conduct research and implement POC’s for designs and shared platform capabilities including defining the standards for how the share platforms are to be used. This role will disseminate designs and learnings to other Software Engineers and users and will define the vision for how the platforms evolve over time, and how new features and capabilities can be used for the benefit of the bank.
· Builds subject matter expertise in the capability, functionality, and applicability of his/her shared platforms.
· Builds expertise in how to implement and integrate with shared platforms.
· Responsible for providing architecture, design, configuration, development, and support of shared platforms.
· Troubleshoots and solves problems related to our shared platforms - identifying root cause and implementing measures to correct and prevent future occurrences.
· Provide practical and expert knowledge of technical design alternatives and their associated implications.
· Identify data needs, including access, security, quality, and maintenance requirements.
· Recommend design alternatives to users, considering benefits of and limitations, based on in-depth understanding of business needs and technical expertise.
· Monitor and alert regarding the availability and performance of our shared platforms.
· Continually look for opportunities to do things better/more efficiently and works with teams to drive these process improvements.
· Relationship manager with shared platform provider, responsible for contract renewal and compliance surveys.
· Participate in design sessions with Enterprise Architecture teams to design solutions leveraging shared platforms.
· Participate in Lean Portfolio Management sessions to define team priorities and work with scrum masters to define sprint plans.
· Participate in daily scrum meetings, during which you will report out on progress of tasks assigned.
· As a Senior Software Engineer, set standards and practices to be followed by team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a software developer, architect, or platform owner
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in working with database technologies.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in the use of data integration tools and technologies.
- 2+ years managing a team of engineers working onshore/offshore/remote.
- Strong leadership skills with proven success record of delivering business critical projects/solutions.
- Product or platform ownership in the past required.
- Experience supporting DocuSign, eOriginal, and Sharepoint are a plus.
- Practical experience working with the Agile approach to project management.
- Experience with Shared Agile Framework (SAFe) and Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) a plus.
- Proven ability in one or more programming languages and development tools.
- Familiarity with SSO using oAuth 2 and integration security using mutual TLS.
- Quick learner with the ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Strategic thinker who is well organized and has a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for interacting with various teams across the organization.
- Strong systems analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in cloud concepts (i.e. AWS services such as EC2, ECS, RDS, ...).
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic learner and devoted to customer service and quality.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and an inclusive team player.
The estimated salary range for this position is $135,000 USD to $155,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.