Director - SBA Loan Production
Date ActiveMar 6, 2023 3:25:45 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Director - SBA Production – BCC role will supervise a team of SBA Processing individual contributors within the Business Credit Center. The team’s primary purpose is to support and coordinate applications for SBA loans through the credit process, and serve as liaisons between Lines of Business, Underwriters, Closing, and Operations, including some customer engagement. The role will be an SBA subject matter expert driving consistency and accountability across the credit process and will be the primary point-of-contact for SBA inquiries. The Director will handle escalated situations and will effectively manage the performance and development of the SBA team, foster a positive work environment, and increase employee engagement.
- Drive consistency and accountability across the credit process by managing an SBA Production Team responsible for processing SBA loan applications and related documentation
- Monitor and influence the Business Credit Center pipeline of SBA credit requests through all stages of production with ownership of SBA specific process steps
- Verification that all SBA documentation is in order in preparation for closing to ensure all requirements of the SBA guaranty have been met
- SBA subject matter expert capable of resolving or researching answers to inquiries that arise during the credit process, including those relating to SBA program eligibility
- Handle escalated situations and effectively manage the performance and development of the team, foster a positive work environment, and increase employee engagement.
- Experience with SBA lending programs including 7(a), Express, 504, and Export lines of credit
- 6+ years of experience in Credit, Lending, or Bank Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- Strong knowledge of required loan documentation for SBA guaranteed loans
- Experience with Loan Origination Systems and the SBA E-Tran system
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task
- Comfortable speaking with clients and external parties
- Ability to build relationships and work with teams across various functions of the bank
- Ability to work independently and proactively create and execute problem resolution strategies
- Familiarity with the SBA Standard Operating Procedures with a focus on program eligibility requirements
- Experience with C&I and CRE lending in Small Business and Business Banking lines of business
- Experience structuring loans and interpreting programs
- Prior managerial and/or loan processing experience, preferred
- Knowledge of applicable lending compliance laws and regulations
The estimated salary range for this position is $105,000 to $125,000. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-1099