Director - Reconciliation Compliance
Date ActiveAug 8, 2023 10:29:27 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee the organization’s reconciliation process to ensure balance sheet reconciliations are in compliance with the company’s reconciliation policy. This role will provide monthly reporting to management on reconciliation compliance, highlighting potential areas of concern, and work with individuals involved in the reconciliation process to ensure they are completed within policy timelines. In addition to ensuring compliance with the company’s reconciliation policy, this role will perform in-depth reviews of the reconciliations to ensure the individuals preparing and approving the reconciliations have proficient knowledge of the reconciliation and related operational processes and will help identify opportunities to enhance the reconciliations and related controls. Lastly, this role will be responsible for recommending enhancements to the company’s reconciliation policy and leading training on the policy to individuals involved in the reconciliation process.
Education, Experience and Skill requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Banking experience required
- The Director Reconciliation Compliance requires an individual with a strong understanding of loan, deposit and general accounting concepts and has performed and understands the importance of a strong reconciliation process.
- This position requires someone who is control-minded, has the ability to identify areas of concern in the reconciliation process and who is process oriented.
- This individual must be able to effectively influence others outside their span of control to drive process and efficiency changes and possess the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels across the company.
- Audit and SOX background helpful
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and have good follow up skills
The estimated salary range for this position is $110,000 USD to $135,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.