Director, Professional Services
Date ActiveOct 24, 2022 8:39:15 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Director, Professional Services is responsible for assisting the Managing Director, Professional Services and Data Analytics in carrying out activities that assess the performance and quality of Internal Audit Department activities, develop and enhance the policies and procedures of the department, and will collaborate with auditors and data analysts in development and improvement of internal reports and departmental processes. In addition, the duties of the Director will require ability to meet pre-established goals, execution of the internal audit department strategy, and ability to work as an individual contributor. This position provides opportunities for growth and development within the organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality assurance assessments of the performance of individual audits relative to departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform annual assessment of the overall Internal Audit program.
- Monitor the results of post-engagement surveys and conduct internal surveys.
- Identify trends or issues in QA assessments and surveys and report them to the Managing Director PS/DA.
- Review and assist in the development and improvement of department policies and procedures that conform with the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors and other regulatory and audit industry standards and expectations.
- Monitor and report on the performance on the Internal Audit Department using KRIs and KPIs, including employing Tableau dashboards.
- Assist in the assessment of the knowledge and skills of Internal Audit staff using an internally developed assessment tool and in the context of the risks identified in the audit universe entities.
- Assist in the assessment of the degree of reliance Internal Audit may place on other assurance units in the context of standards set forth by the IIA and internal policy and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve Internal Audit’s continuous monitoring activities in collaboration with Internal Audit leadership and data analysts.
- Prepare and/or review detailed assessment documentation.
- Develop recommendations to improve departmental processes.
- Assist in the conduct of the department’s semi-annual risk assessment.
- Maintain and continuously improve technical auditing, banking industry, and automation (data analytics) expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and contribute to preparation of executive presentations.
- Provide indirect people management responsibilities.
- Contribute to the department’s strategic initiatives.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills
- Six plus years of experience auditing (internally or externally)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience using data analytics tools, Tableau and/or Wolters Kluwer TeamMate+ a plus
- Certification is required within 12 months of joining the department, including but not limited to CPA, CIA, CISA, CFA, FRM