Director, Portfolio Management
Date ActiveJan 7, 2023 9:57:33 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Elm Street-FF200
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
HEAD OF PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
As Head Portfolio Manager for Webster Bank's Generalist Sponsor Finance team, you will be responsible for all portfolio management activities for cash flow-based investments in PE-backed transactions. This leadership position includes coordinating junior resources to ensure required portfolio reviews, waivers, amendments and incremental credit extensions are processed in accordance with Webster Bank Credit Policies. You will be a meaningful contributor and assume increasing levels of responsibility that encompasses portfolio, underwriting and communicating with key stakeholders. Position would be located in either Stamford, CT or New York, NY.
Key responsibilities include:
- working with junior resources to ensure the timely input and data integrity of client financials into Webster Bank's electronic portfolio management system;
- oversight and presentation of quarterly and annual reviews to credit committee;
- development and ongoing monitoring of portfolio analytics;
- management and coordination of all post-close borrower requests including waivers, amendments, extensions;
- working with lead underwriters in conducting due diligence and presenting incremental requests for capital to investment committee. Throughout this process the Head PM will mentor junior deal team members and interact with multiple stakeholders, including business development officers, deal underwriters, senior credit officers, capital markets, private equity sponsors, company management, as well as legal counsel and operations personnel.
- Involvement in new deal underwriting and execution as time/capacity permits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in leveraged finance at a commercial or investment bank with strong commercial credit experience.
- Experience leading negotiation of credit agreements / legal documentation of leveraged loans.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statement modeling.
- Experience underwriting middle market sponsored transactions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
- MBA considered a plus.
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program highly preferred.
- Experience in middle market levfin is also highly preferred, but not required.
The estimated salary range for this position is $200,000 USD to $230,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.