Director Of Loan Servicing
Date ActiveMay 9, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Managerial responsibility for Commercial Loan Servicing.
Member of the senior leadership team reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations. Responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy toward achieving best in class client experiences for our multi-product Commercial, CRE and Specialty Business channels. Continually prepare the Commercial operations teams to pivot as required to support multiple high-growth LOBs. Possess a strategic and forward-thinking mindset as well as a thorough understanding of Commercial loan products with expertise in the areas of Commercial, CRE, ABL and Leveraged Lending Support and Service operations. Responsible for the execution and delivery of all operational aspects associated with their assigned portfolios.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and Oversee employees in Commercial Loan Servicing such as pre-closing, funding, servicing, payment application, payoffs, fulfillment, quality control, escrow, post-closing, and customer service.
- Continuously evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing department functions and continuous improvement in areas of responsibility. Identifies opportunities to improve customer service and operational efficiency, while containing and/or reducing costs.
- Oversee and apply internal and external accounting practices for loan accounting to all transactions ensuring processes and procedures are sufficient to properly record all activity.
- Partner with Commercial Bank Sales and Risk teams to ensure ability to process, book and service current and future product set. Ensure all processes and procedures meet SOX, Compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and nurture a strong culture of risk management. Continually identify new and emerging risks and developing strategies to mitigate them; manage priorities and projects to ensure the attainment of sound operational risk management.
- Ensure all reporting is meeting the needs of GAAP Accounting and other key business owners and is executed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide direct oversight to third-party relationships throughout the Third-Party Risk Management (3PRM) lifecycle.
- Drive productivity and overall strategy for automation and simplification of processes.
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures.
- Participate in long-term, strategic planning for the department in line with the growth strategies of the line of business with increasingly sophisticated customers and complex products.
- Develop and implement business plans, set objectives, measure results, and take necessary corrective action to achieve individual goals and those of the business unit and supporting lines of business.
- Determine departmental structure and allocate resources accordingly.
- Manage budget within plan. Identify, evaluate, and implement cost reduction initiatives. Develop 3-5 year financial plans and strategic initiatives to achieve operational functionality and control across operating departments and 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Lead and grow a high performing team of professionals. - Support the recruiting, training, coaching and development of team.
- Develop performance metrics that align with objectives that can be used as a measurement of departmental success and also point to issues needing improvement.
- Create, communicate, and track goals and objectives. Provide ongoing feedback to team ensuring transparency.
- Encourage personal and professional development. Build a talent management and succession planning strategy.
- Lead employees through the performance management and individual development process.
- Provide effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards and if necessary disciplinary action.
- Create and build an environment which fosters continuous improvement, best practices, employee empowerment and ownership for business results.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork that supports diversity, cohesiveness, and support.
- Build and lead a high performing organization by implementing strong hiring, talent management, and succession planning practices. Interacts regularly with executive team to ensure company's operational priorities are aligned with the total company direction.
- Act as liaison between Commercial Loan Servicing and other members of management.
- Participate as a key leader in Operations on the Leadership team.
- Support Webster culture and values across team.
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred or 10+ years' experience in banking/financial environment, at least five of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- Loan Operations experience required; ACBS experience a plus.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills required.