Director of Administration, Commercial Bank
185 Asylum Street-HF215
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Provide primary support to the EVP, Head of Commercial Bank with a focus on maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that strategic goals and objectives are achieved.
- Provide hands on support and analysis for special projects, which are typically follow-up requests from senior management, short term research projects, and other special requests that do not fall easily within another area; projects may be urgent in nature.
- Anticipate, prioritize, and interpret situations and issues in advance of them surfacing.
- Expedite information gathering and decision making processes.
- Coordinate business initiatives and manage meetings.
- Support the development of executive level communication materials and presentations, to include planning, coordinating, editing, production, and execution (BOD, EMC, HRC, etc.).
- Participate in industry, regional, and cross-functional meetings and presentations.
- Work in unison with Group Financial Officer to assure preparation of budgets, reports, strategic plans, and business plans.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience working directly for or in support of staff functions.
- Must work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to look across the businesses to identify common themes and issues.
- Adept at building relationships at multiple levels.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, project management, and time management skills.
- Credit and Finance experience a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- SalesForce experience preferred
Job Reference #: 5000284819006