Director Loan Closing
Date ActiveAug 29, 2022 3:15:07 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Director, Loan Operations will be responsible for addressing departmental issues and focus on aligning a comprehensive loan closing process. The key deliverables for this person will be establishing solid communication among departmental employees, bringing cohesion and coordination to the closing process, and being able to manage the highly technical duties of this position. They will also assist in the day to day operations of the Loan Administration. As such, you will be expected to act as an ambassador, promote our team and provide the best customer experience possible.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- 20% -- Manage team of Sr. Loan Closers that facilitates commercial closing transactions. Provide leadership and managerial direction to ensure high levels of employee motivation and performance excellence; monitor/evaluate each staff member’s progress and conducts performance appraisals. Assigns work assignments and manage pipeline of new loans, extensions and modifications.
- 20% Manages with the loan closing process from approval to funding. The loan portfolio consists of various types of commercial loans, including but not limited to commercial mortgages, participations, lines of credit, term notes, and permanent loans. The portfolio is comprised of a variety of asset classes, including multifamily, innovative finance, specialty lending, leasing, bond financing, loan participations, and mixed-use properties.
- 20% -- Serve as subject matter expert for loan documentation; partner with Managing Directors as well as in-house/outside counsel in the preparation and review of legal documentation, settlement sheets, third-party reports and other required documents to close transactions.
- 10% - Provides backup support to Sr. Managing Director on funding approvals and wires
- 10% Works closely with management to assist and materially contribute to the continued high growth and oversight of the commercial real estate portfolio. Participates in team pipeline meetings as applicable.
- 5% Reviews and approves the funding activities related to the related to the disbursal of closings and fee collections.
- 5% Manages the Flood verification process for originations and other triggering events. Coordinates the quarterly reconciliation process.
- 5% Acts as a Compliance SME for group.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Legal professional/Paralegal with 5+ years of practiced Commercial Real Estate Closing Experience and industry related experience
- Must have minimum 5+ years experience to provide direction and guidance to a team of closers to ensure company standards are met • Monitor closing pipeline on daily basis to ensure workflow is evenly distributed • Lead and motivate a team of Closers. • Manage, guide and develop the group, ensuring maximum production
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Expert knowledge of Commercial Real Estate, Flood, Title Policy and Regulatory Requirements, business practices and product information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
5. Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills.