Director, Digital Banking Segment Analysis
Date ActiveMar 7, 2022 3:19:58 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Direct Banking Segment Analysis Director is responsible for forecasting and reporting on overall Direct Bank performance, marketing campaign performance, digital usage and ad hoc analytics as needed by the team. The Direct Bank Segment Analysis will provide the team with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and insights to maximize profitability of the existing portfolio, new products, digital usage and optimize the effectiveness of campaign and marketing performance. The Director will provide performance analytics for overall Direct Bank performance, digital acquisitions, engagement, and usage campaigns. He/ She will work with partners in Direct Bank, Product and Marketing to leverage data driven insights to advise on the strategic roadmap, segment targeting, in-market testing and personalized experiences.
This individual will have a strong knowledge of consumer and business banking deposit and lending products, and will partner with Marketing, Product, Data and Business Intelligence to derive insights for the Direct Bank business, new product launches and marketing effectiveness. The person in this role will partner closely with the rest of the Direct Bank team to provide data and reporting requirements for all marketing campaigns, new product launches, segment and usage strategies. This position must work closely with data, business intelligence and data science partners to ensure that resources are available for full synthesis of performance. The person in this role will partner closely with the segment strategist and other members of the Direct Bank team to provide actionable insights.
The incumbent in this role must demonstrate strong people teamwork skills and possess an insatiable curiosity that drives ongoing synthesis and exploration. This person must have the ability to communicate insights derived from analysis and reporting to help support and drive decisions to partners and stakeholders throughout the organization.
Direct Bank Segment Performance
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly marketing, usage, and performance reports.
- Develop lifetime value and return on investment models for strategic planning.
- Provide insights to improve usage and profitability dynamics for products, digital usage, attrition, engagement, funding, and overall financial performance.
- Work with Team on forecasting models and business plans to support product, marketing and new initiative roadmap.
- Package reports and insights into management level reporting, as well as attend meetings to deliver findings and recommendations.
Marketing Performance and Optimizations
- Support Direct Bank team and Marketing partners in forecasting and tracking against marketing performance, leveraging inputs from digital analytics and agency partners.
- Provide insights to guide Direct Bank Segment team, Marketing Team, agencies, and external vendors to execute with the guidance of the GM and CMO.
- Work with the Direct Bank Segment Strategist and Marketing to assess target audiences, campaign performance and recommend ongoing optimizations of marketing spend.
- Explore marketing analysis techniques to understand the value of upper funnel tactics like display, native and social media, using marketing media mix models, attribution models, etc.
Digital Usage Performance Recommendations
- Assess the impact of usage campaigns and servicing enhancements on digital engagement and usage metrics.
- This includes but is not limited to high value segments and behavior analysis.
Digital Analytics and Testing Requirements
- Work with partners across Direct Bank, Marketing, Technology, and agency to provide digital analytics requirements necessary for ongoing performance tracking and analytics.
- Ensure that all campaigns can be tracked, and impact assessed.
- Partner with Marketing partners on Google Analytics tagging strategy.
- Partner with Direct Bank Strategist on test and learn roadmap, leveraging, Email, Google Optimize, Mobile Messaging and other tools.
Compliance with Regulations, Policies and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures
- Support team with reporting to meeting audit and compliance requirements as needed
- 7+ years of experience of in a reporting and analytics capacity with experience in digital and marketing analytics preferred.
- Candidates with degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Digital Marketing strongly preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Strong analytical skills with the capacity to provide insight into business performance and online/digital marketing behaviors / activities and identify opportunities to improve marketing and financial performance.
- Experience with Digital analytics to assess marketing performance and optimization tools, such as, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Optimize, Optimizely, Adobe Target, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Qlik, Tableau, etc.) and real time dashboard development.
- Expertise with data mining and analytical tools desired, such as, SQL, Python, R or SAS.
- Comfortable working with and learning a wide variety of data sources, both digital and offline.
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, develop tests, and evaluate results in driving increased conversion and ROI.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to synthesize results, present findings and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and ask why. Willingness to go beyond the obvious, being naturally inquisitive in seeking key insights without being prompted to do so.
- Strong collaboration and team working skills and the ability to work with cross functional teams; ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others.
- Understanding of financial services industry and products, desired
- Comfortable with continuously changing priorities