Director - Derivative Sales
Date ActiveDec 8, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location185 Asylum Street-HF215
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
- Recruit, develop and retain high performing team creating environment for high levels of engagement
- Lead the team's development of complex new business facilitating a seamless end to end client experience that results in positive customer satisfaction
- Grows total Treasury derivative product (Swap, caps, floors etc.) sales revenue solutions through effective coaching, client engagement and collaboration/partnership with internal partners/stakeholders
- Advise team members in structuring, pricing, and T&Cs of new and existing business
- Liaise with senior management on all Cash Management Sales issues.
- Where appropriate, raise the brand profile internally and externally of the TPS organization while also monitoring the competitive environment and market trends
- Provide leadership for prospect and client feedback to ensure customer POV incorporated into solution structuring
- Provide business lines, internal partners (compliance) and customers with periodic updates on the bond and swap markets and compliance risk assessments
- Develop and enhance consistency across the end to end sales process within the derivative sales team providing leadership for process improvement opportunities including the enhancement of sales force effectiveness KPIs Education,
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience, at least 7 of which were in a people leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and retain high performing teams and cultivate complex internal and external customer relationships.
- Superior organizational, communication, and leadership skills. Knowledge of Bloomberg or other similar financial systems.
- Extensive understanding of derivatives products & thorough knowledge of financial markets, in-depth to advanced knowledge and understanding of derivative products (i.e.: swaps, caps, floors) including regulations governing financial products. as well as strong presentation and interpersonal skills required.