Director Data Product Analysis
Date ActiveAug 9, 2022 9:07:24 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses, and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank is seeking a talented Data Product Manager to assist with the analysis, design, and implementation of Data Solutions. The Data Product Manager will have responsibility for the data integration services in the Chief Data Office under the supervision of the Data Integration Manager. The Data Product Manager will be responsible for coordinating efforts of multiple Data Product Analysts. This includes but is not limited to upstream and downstream data integration to the data ecosystem including project analysis, business requirements, working closely with the data team, Project Management Office, business units, application analysts to facilitate development, functional testing and production delivery of data integration solutions.
This role will work with supervision in the performance of assigned tasks responsible for the daily operational functionality of all data integration development items ensuring a quality client experience at all times. You will plan the data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; establishing data integration specifications; examining data applications; examining data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods; leveraging data integration tools for data extraction, transformation, and loading; developing project scope and specifications; identifying factors that negatively impact integration; forecasting resource requirements; establishing delivery timetables.
- Act as Lead Data Product Manager to coordinate efforts of multiple Data Product Analysts on all intake requests which includes managing and reviewing of all deliverables, prioritization of work and reporting to management
- Studies data sources by interviewing users; defining, analyzing, and validating data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement requirements and provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process. Provide project level analysis with supporting documentation (BRDs, use cases, data flow diagrams, future state proposals, etc).
- Work closely with clients on initiatives that involve data translation and/or data integration development. Analyze client data specifications and provide gap analysis
- Create/Update documentation for data integration solutions. Create/Update documentation for future reference, training and support purposes. Provide insight and feedback for data integration architectural diagrams and workflows.
- Work closely with team to ensure clear and concise status on open issues. Escalate to management any issues that may indicate a system performance issue or negative impact to internal or external clients
- Promote and maintain a quality operational environment adhering to audit and security policies best practice guidelines. Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Responsible for producing requested documentation for all internal and external audit requests.
- For this position, you must have 10+ years’ experience with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- 7+ years’ experience using SQL Server 2012, 2014 Visual Studio, Business Intelligence Integration Tools, Team Foundation Server(TFS), Jira, BitBucket, GitHub, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Metadata management and related tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication and presentation skill
- A strong understanding of Windows Desktop and Microsoft Office Tools
- Experience with Oracle Database, Oracle Tools, TOAD a plus.
- Positive attitude to team working
- Self-motivated, with a desire to always deliver a quality service
- Understands the principles and practices of application development and troubleshooting
- Understands the fundamental areas of IT Service Management
- Understands the fundamental concepts of Project Management
- Maintains knowledge of advances in Technology, best practices, ITIL and industry standards.
- Highly versatile, be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in Financial Services preferred