Date ActiveFeb 1, 2022 9:55:11 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
Do you have great interpersonal skills and a passion for banking? Webster Bank is seeking a qualified candidate to manage and develop a portfolio of relationships with target segments that lead to loans, deposits and other revenue generating products and services. In this position, you will be assisting our Senior Managing Director with the management of sales and service efforts, in order to ensure retention and to grow existing and or new relationships. The Director contributes to the team’s growth and profitability with an extensive focus on portfolio management, business development and client cross sell activities for and maintains high quality loans through the support of underwriting, portfolio administration and cash management functions.
- Develop/maintain extensive network of business contacts, community leaders, executive management clients, prospect opportunities and referral sources, in order to generate revenue.
- Support Senior Managing Directors with growing/retaining relationship for targeted client group by coordinating and supporting all aspects of relationship; ensure appropriate resources are dedicated to facilitating successful outcome.
- Assist Senior Managing Directors with development of effective proposals to existing and potential clients.
- Coordinate team interaction with operations and product groups.
- Maximize team profitability through the maintenance of high quality loan portfolio; responsible for relationship review and overall relationship profitability.
- Manage implementation process of new products with clients; assist with planning stages of major relationships to ensure smooth transition.
- Exercise credit judgment consistent with the department goals; monitor and evaluate credit worthiness of clients.
- Responsible for negotiating loans according to established guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have 2-3 years of experience in a Portfolio Manager role.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with combination of coursework or extensive professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques and accounting is a plus.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, lending policies, procedures and techniques and well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors a plus
- Possess strong business development skills and demonstrate ability to build/expand trusting partnerships.