Director Compliance Assurance
Date ActiveDec 12, 2022 1:33:15 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you are looking for a meaningful career, you will find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first –doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Director of Compliance Assurance will contribute to and assist with driving forward the strategic agenda for the Compliance Department. This position performs and manages on-going compliance reviews, inclusive of scope definition, attribute testing to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, adequate workpaper preparation to support results and effective issue management.
- Execute the compliance monitoring and testing program ensuring sufficient testing is performed and adequate workpapers are developed and supporting documentation is maintained to support stated conclusions and issues noted.
- Assist in the issue management process and in the performance and maintenance of the compliance risk assessment.
- Maintain the compliance control inventory, documenting the effectiveness of controls with the results of monitoring and testing.
- Review new products and services after implementation to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate regulatory examination efforts including the collection, review, and submission of requested documentation for Compliance-related examinations.
- Ensure an in-depth subject matter resource level of knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry best practices and expectations to allow for appropriate levels of oversight to be maintained. Maintain knowledge of new or proposed rules and regulations and ensure proper inclusion and coverage within the Compliance Program testing.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Assist with special projects and perform additional accountabilities as required.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred; a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Internal Audit or prior testing experience preferred but not required.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification strongly preferred
- Capable of producing high quality work product(s) and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective project management, analytical skills, and PC skills
- At least 7 years of experience in Compliance and/or Audit within the Financial Services Industry.
The estimated salary range for this position is $110,000 USD to $145,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.