Director, Commercial Loan Admin
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Commercial Loan Administration Manager is responsible for managing Commercial Loan Admin (CLA) teams which support commercial lending pre-closing, regulatory, and closing activities on originations and higher-level servicing requests for Large Commercial Lines of Business. The role reports into Webster’s Commercial Middle Office Leadership under the Commercial Bank’s Chief Administrative Officer. The Manager will lead, supervise, and direct CLA Team Leaders and CLAs in their day-to-day operation to ensure large commercial transactions are complete, accurate, and in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Oversee the Commercial Loan Administration function, supporting C&I, CRE, Sponsor & Specialty, and other LOBs in close partnership with Operations Booking & Servicing Departments
- Leverage technical skills to advise others, manage escalations, and make decisions on complex loan transactions and accounting/finance/credit related concepts
- Lead development of policies and procedures for Loan Administration team, partnering with LOB, Compliance, Operations etc. to establish cohesive procedures in accordance with the Commercial Bank’s bank-wide processes and policies
- Accountable for establishing the Middle Office business, team, and individual goals
- Use existing and/or create pipeline and portfolio reports to manage workflow, establish quality control tests on booked loans, and monitor Commercial Loan Admin servicing activities
- Manage hiring and training of Team Leads and CLAs and work with LOB to align skillsets to portfolio needs
- Responsible for standard employee management activities such as performance reviews and staffing & planning forecasts
- Represent the Middle Office on commercial lending leadership initiatives and strategic projects
- Assist the LOB on internal audit and other audits/reviews
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Manager of manager experiences (10+ years) in Commercial Loan Administration or similar function, supporting larger, more complex commercial transactions
- Strong technical commercial loan and product knowledge, legal documentation review, compliance & regulatory, and system knowledge
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams towards working objectives and achieving strategic goals
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments (people, processes, technologies)
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 USD to $125,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.