Director, BaaS Performance & Pricing
Date ActiveJun 9, 2022 11:21:59 AM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The BaaS Performance and Pricing Director will build a strong knowledge of Direct Banking Solution’s products, systems, and pricing as they collaborate with multiple business functions to engage prospective fintech clients, help build business case proposals and analyze their performances post launch. The incumbent of this role will need to effectively communicate and collaborate with external partners and multiple internal departments including business intelligence, product, finance, operations, and business development. Key deliverables include the development of business cases relating to BaaS partnerships including full prospective partnership P&Ls, the creation of pricing proposals in support of RFP and business prospecting processes, and the preparation of post partnership launch financial performance and portfolio return metrics to inform executive decision making and strategic planning considerations.
Core Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
- Directly engage with prospective Banking as a Service fintech clients to understand desired partnership structures and construct a rational and defensible financial performance proforma based on key partnership terms and conditions to help executive leadership review, assess, and approve proposed partnerships in deal review committees.
- Innovatively design and adapt Banking as a Service partnership pricing terms and conditions to support deal pipeline including RFP processes and LOI/Contract proposal exchanges and ensure proposed monetization terms generate sufficient risk adjusted returns for Webster.
- Post partnership launch, develop key performance metrics for each Banking as a Service partnership and establish repeatable reporting and analysis packages around these metrics to facilitate continuous review of program performance including measuring program performance to financial proforma targets, identifying any financial performance gaps, and devising strategies to offset such financial shortfalls.
- Lead long term planning efforts for BaaS Platform by consolidating all existing partnerships and prospective Banking as a Service deal pipeline into long term financial performance outlooks for Strategic planning sessions and interface with core Banking as a Service team members and Corporate Financial Planning team to ensure budgets are reflective of deliverable commitments.
- Build deep partnerships with sales, relationship management, risk, IT, and operations functions to ensure key business case assumptions, deliverables, and timelines are synchronized and representative of collective consensus among the partnership working group
- As needed, partner on ad-hoc projects requiring financial analysis or pricing support
- Participate in appropriate industry forums and conferences to enhance domain expertise and maintain exposure to current market dynamics and trends.
Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 6-8 yrs. related experience in financial services analytics, product profitability, financial planning and analysis, or similar role
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with Associates or bachelor’s degrees is required. Advanced master’s degrees in business or Finance is a plus. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are also eligible for consideration.
- Candidate should possess superior analytical and statistical skills to process significant amounts of data and develop financial projections, analytical reporting and optimized pricing strategies.
- Experience with financial modeling of strategic partnerships and initiatives in the financial services sector (Especially experience in Fintech space) or securitization structures is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, including sound judgment; ability to create consensus and drive results when working with cross-functional teams.
- Mastery of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); ability to work effectively with large datasets.