Dir Website Strategy & Ops
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This role is responsible for developing the strategy, prioritization and execution for all Webster public website and external-facing web properties, including information architecture, user experience, SEO and analytics reporting. This role will craft website experiences that guide users throughout their user journey, both for end user and decision maker audiences. This role will leverage data, conversion rate optimization, and innovation to drive growth and acquisition. This role will partner with the LOBs, marketing, design, copy, UX/UI, IT teams and agency partners to deliver comprehensive and integrated website strategies that increase awareness, drive customer acquisition, improve product adoption and optimize and introduce positive client experiences for clients and prospects. Additionally, this role will work closely with the channel marketing team and serve as a subject matter expert around digital marketing operations for email, landing pages, marketing automation and social media.
Website Strategy, Operations and Execution
- Drive the overall website strategy to align with company revenue targets and client experience goals.
- Plan and manage strategy and execution for digital marketing for all website properties and landing pages that defines how the organization should be building a digital experience to maximize utility for the client segments and markets we serve.
- Review the digital customer journey from awareness to conversion and apply those learnings to the website design and experience.
- Maintain, develop, and publish website and digital content in alignment with the organization’s communication and marketing strategy.
- Manage external partners to develop and execute SEO strategies to increase our rankings.
- Audit, refresh, and optimize existing site content.
- Manage vendor partners and coordinate with development teams to build out innovative solutions and feature enhancements to create positive experiences for existing clients and prospects; Escalate and follow up on website issues ensuring prompt remediation.
- Monitor and report on key website metrics and effectively communicate insights.
- Understand web architecture and make recommendations on improvements to optimize the user experience and performance.
- Build and execute A/B test plans. Use data and insights to inform improvements to website experience.
- Demonstrating creativity, out-of-the-box thinking and resourcefulness.
- Be a subject matter expert for all website/landing page technologies in our marketing technology stack, working as an active voice in architecture decisions.
- Ensure effective and efficient website processes and procedures.
- Perform vendor selection, procurement, onboarding, and engage with vendors to implement website strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Team Leadership, Project Management & Digital Marketing Thought Leadership
- Manage a team of internal and external design, development, and enablement partners on website initiatives.
- Leads external vendors to achieve excellent and efficient results.
- Exhibits leadership of marketing in all forums.
- Communicates website digital marketing plans consistently and appropriately to various levels of the organization. Influences others to be engaged in planning and supporting digital marketing programs.
- Identify, deploy, and manage relevant Marketing Technology
- serve as a subject matter expert around digital operations for email, landing pages, marketing automation.
- Work cross functionally to journey map key client/colleague interaction points and liaise with project team leads to ensure customer-centricity in website projects.
- Advocate for changes in other departments’ ways of working and cross functionally collaborate with teams to implement a change, if required for the improvement of overall website and digital operations.
Compliance & Regulatory Review Process & Documentation
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining all website content documentation and for providing reports and samples for all internal and external audits, legal and compliance reviews.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- For this position you will need at least 8+ years of digital marketing experience, Website, email marketing, marketing automation and social media experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communication, project management and problem-solving skills, ability to drive change.
- Strong business partnership skills: ability to build relationships across diverse stakeholder mix and work/liaise with multiple cross-functional teams/vendors.
- Prepared for a fast-paced environment and comfortable making decisions.
- Ability to work well with cross-channel teams and influence decision-making across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and bottom-line orientation.
- Strong digital marketing skills with strong website experience.
- Experience working with variety of CMS’s (including Drupal, WordPress).
- Good technical background in website work and ability to pick up new skills/technologies quickly.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and other analytics platforms and dashboards.
The estimated salary range for this position is $130,000USD to $150,000USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.