MD Product Owner Banking Systems
Date ActiveNov 23, 2022 9:11:38 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Expert in all aspects and techniques for defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects, complex production support and root cause analysis, defining IT business solutions, and implementing IT business solutions specific to the Commercial Business Line. Provides work direction tasking and leadership to assigned team members in order to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Own the portfolio of commercial lending & credit risk applications.
- Accountable for all aspects of applications in the portfolio i.e. steering the production support teams, managing the change on applications, vendor managements, supporting the conversions & migrations etc.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
Use comparative analysis techniques to evaluate and recommend overall IT solutions for client/organization. Provide senior level consulting services to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results.
Leads team in the requirements analysis activities for the projects to which they are assigned.
- Customer Centricity and understanding customer needs -- As the internal representative (Voice) of the customer, continually leverage market research and trends to be able to provide best customer value.
- Leads design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
- Coordinates production releases with internal and external partners. Manages associated risks effectively by producing appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Coach, mentor and supervise other team members as assigned. Perform performance evaluations, help staff develop individual development plans as well as perform other related supervisory tasks.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure conformance with agreed upon SLAs.
- Provides consistent, accurate and timely updates to team members and management as to the status and issues surrounding projects and tasks.
- Works with Manager for resource and systems capacity planning and estimation efforts for the applications development team to which assigned. Participates in budgeting exercise for the department.
- Interacts with IT and PMO Senior Management on application level as well enterprise wide project planning and execution. Creates and tracks project plans as necessary.
- Responsible for satisfactory internal and external audits of systems by ensuring compliance with Bank's policies such as IT Governance, Info Security and more. Reviews and generates all the necessary documentation
- May utilize requirement management tools.
- Is available for emergency support, possibly carrying company provided pager or cell phone.
- Represents the application team in Change Control meetings. Analyzes impacts and shares information between the team and Change Control Board meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
- 7 years of professional IT and business systems experience.
- 3 years of experience in leading small to mid-size teams.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail oriented.
- Strong knowledge of programming and software development practices