Dir Data Science
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Director, Data Science will support Webster product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The candidate will use large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization, potential revenue growth and savings and will build models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The position requires demonstrated experience with data mining, data reconciliation, data analytics and developing/deploying models into production, as well as monitoring them.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using computer languages (Python, SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, including cloud-based Snowflake, AWS SageMaker, Azure AI Services and MS Power Apps
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision trees, neural networks, graph ML, OCR, sentiment analysis, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Advanced degree Bachelors/Master's degree is preferred (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science) .
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
The estimated salary range for this position is $150,000 USD to $170,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.