Digital Program Manager
Date ActiveJul 13, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
A senior leadership position with the CIO Project Management Office (PMO), the Program Manager position is responsible for the planning, management, and successful delivery of large strategic initiatives that are part of a program or project portfolio. This position includes leading multiple projects within a designated program, and leading project teams that are each responsible for delivery. Scope also includes planning, aligning, prioritizing demand with resources, dependencies and funding across a portfolio of programs. This position is under the supervision of a Technology Director aligned with a specific business line or function, with a dotted line to the Director of the PMO. The role requires banking business acumen, a broad range of technology experience, exceptional leadership skills, and strong skills to plan, organize and execute the assigned program and projects.
This role will be instrumental in driving and tracking program activities of a multi-year plan, managing and negotiating changes in project milestones and target dates, and effectively communicating status to all stakeholders including senior management. The success of the program outcomes will be measured by the implementation quality, achievement of the planned target date, and attainment of anticipated project benefits (e.g. revenue growth or cost reductions).
Additional responsibilities of this position may include providing direction to other Project Managers assigned to a business line program / project portfolio, leading the planning and prioritization effort of a project portfolio, lead approved projects and manage approved project budgets, The assigned projects will have enterprise-wide implications that require analyzing potential cross-divisional and project impacts in large-scale system implementations. This position may also include development, implementation and reporting on organizational metrics.
- Partner with the designated business line / roadmap owner to develop a program portfolio of work including priority and anticipated business value.
- Accountable to program stakeholders and senior management for schedule, budget, quality and outcome of all program elements.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a matrixed business and technology program and project team. Lead the team by developing a comprehensive project plan, ensure development and approval of key artifacts, and management of approved project budgets.
- Establish and drive delivery of program plan objectives, coordinating activities across multiple business and technology teams and projects to achieve program goals.
- Ensure connection and alignment of business line projects to the CIO Strategy and technical standards.
- Adhere to established IT Project Management Guidelines and delivery methodologies.
- Develop succinct, but comprehensive monthly status reporting for assigned projects, providing routine status updates to stakeholders, business and technology leaders.
- Develop and manage cohesive end-to-end project partnership between CIO organization and business leaders to accomplish assigned tasks and projects; with dotted line responsibility to the PMO
- Responsible for learning and understanding the designated business line products, services, and strategies to ensure alignment and effective communication of technology and business requirements.
- Guide the team to identify and escalate project risk and communicate status to project stakeholders and leaders when appropriate. Act as the escalation point for serious concerns.
- Accountable for the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables
- Complies fully with all bank policies and procedures and completes all required training.
- Develop a working knowledge of the FFIEC Handbook and apply to assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience as an IT Manager or Project Manager responsible for managing technical teams and/or projects.
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading concurrent projects of varying complexities, involving a medium-to-large team with cross-department impacts.
- A minimum of 5 years of banking / financial services and/or technology industry experience.
- A technology savvy leader with hands-on experience in software development, business and technical requirements, systems integration, technology risk, and a working knowledge of Information Security concepts and principles.
- Hands-on experience working with business partners to develop, prioritize and schedule a business line project portfolio including business cases that include anticipated project value.
- Working experience developing and managing project estimates, obtaining formal funding approvals and managing to an approved project budget.
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively lead and drive projects to an on-time and on-budget completion with a high degree of quality.
- Working knowledge of vendor management processes including RFP, due diligence and on-boarding.
- Hands on experience leading projects utilizing industry standard project management tools; methodologies and related frameworks including Agile / SAFe and leading SCRUM's.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to executive management and various levels across within the organization Exceptional analytical, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of business productivity tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.