Digital Banking Product Owner
Date ActiveJan 27, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Join Webster's Digital Center of Excellence team! Lead the ongoing evolution of our customers' Digital Banking experience! This is an opportunity to lead the strategic direction and execution of Digital Banking (Mobile Banking and Online Banking) capabilities, our most critical customer experience channels. We're seeking a Product Owner to help us make our Digital Banking experience best-in-class at a national level.
This Digital Banking Product Owner role will direct the prioritization and delivery of customer-facing Mobile and Online Banking product features and is accountable for quality, delivery and customer satisfaction.
Using Agile Product Ownership experience and skills, and reporting to the Director of the Digital Center of Excellence, you will serve as the customer advocate in the evolution of our Mobile and Digital Banking products. You'll partner closely with technology/engineering agile teams to ensure delivery of a competitive and or differentiated customer experience.
In this role you will:
- Lead the experience for the top-volume service and transaction channel at the Bank. Mobile and Online Banking IS Webster, for everyday customer needs.
- Prioritize, Schedule, and Deliver our new Digital Banking capabilities.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile consumer products, features and the competition (banking/financial services preferred). Mobile technology expertise, but not just a technologist. This is a Product Ownership role and the career path is into strategic Digital Product/Portfolio management.
- Working experience as a successful Agile Product Owner.
- Own the backlog of Digital Banking enhancements, and determine the right feature to deploy at the right time - based on need, feasibility, budget, capacity, and Webster's Digital Roadmap -- and takes responsibility for devising and executing the delivery plan. At times may independently evaluate and make final decisions related to feature design and executes on those designs precisely (redirects course as needed).
- Continuously measure success of the Mobile and Online Banking products through customer satisfaction, delivery quality, and speed to market, and competitive position.
- Ensure technology Agile teammates understand priority and requirements of changes. Partners closely with and is (daily) available/accessible to the technical teams. Ensures time is spent explaining the product to technical teams, channel partners, and experience-support team.
- Anticipate issues with delivery and features, solve issues proactively through communication and regular expectation-setting.
- Foster a trusting relationship with assigned technical team, Line of Business, Marketing team and other partners through accessibility and clarity of communication.
- Author and curate the collateral content, FAQs, presentations, white papers or blogs that package the Digital Banking product experience and share expertise to Corporate Communications, Marketing, and Executive Leaders.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years in similar role with demonstrated success as a product owner in an Agile shop, customer experience design, or related skills required.
- Demonstrated achievements in ownership of customer-facing digital products.
- Demonstrated expertise in measuring Mobile and Online Channel product performance with available data.
- Demonstrated success in self-discovering improvement opportunities in a Digital Product or Services. Successful improvement of customer experience in an E-Commerce environment.
- Demonstrated success in building strong working relationships with partner teams.
You will know you are successful if
- Our customers are highly satisfied with our Mobile Banking app and our Online Banking channel, as measured by CSAT metrics and App Store rating.
- Webster's Digital Banking customer experience is evolving in line with our strategic roadmap.
- Product feature delivery by our IT and external partners improves quarter by quarter, measured through specific metrics.
- Partner teams and leadership understand the value you are delivering to the product experience by our customers.