Digital Banking Product Owner
Date ActiveJan 28, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first -- teammates working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Join Webster's Digital Banking Marketing & Experience team! Lead the ongoing evolution of our customers' Mobile Banking experience! This is an opportunity to lead the execution of Mobile Banking capabilities, our most critical customer experience channels. We're seeking a product owner to help us make our Digital Banking experience best-in-class at a national level.
This Digital Banking Product Owner role will direct the prioritization and delivery of customer-facing mobile banking product features in the Webster consumer Mobile Banking app, and is accountable for quality, delivery and customer satisfaction with the mobile channel.
Using Agile Product Ownership experience and skills, and reporting to the Director of Digital Banking, you will serve as the customer advocate in the evolution of our Mobile Banking product. You'll partner closely with technology/engineering agile team to ensure delivery of a competitive and or differentiated customer experience.
If you are a creative, inventive, action-oriented problem-solver, with excellent time management and people skills, we want to meet you! Do you enjoy a highly-collaborative environment with supportive co-workers and a shared organizational vision? We've got that. Are you a proven leader of mobile product delivery and love mobile technology? Let's talk.
In this role you will:
- Lead the experience for the top-volume service and transaction channel at the Bank. Mobile Banking IS Webster, for everyday customer needs.
- Prioritize, Schedule, and Deliver our new Mobile Banking capabilities.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile consumer products, features and the competition (banking/financial services preferred). Mobile technology expertise, but not just a technologist. This is a Product Ownership role and the career path is into strategic Digital Product/Portfolio management.
- Working experience as a successful Agile Product Owner for mobile.
- Own the backlog of mobile banking enhancements, and determine the right feature to deploy at the right time - based on need, feasibility, budget, capacity, and Webster's Digital Customer Experience Roadmap - and takes responsibility for devising and executing the delivery plan. At times may independently evaluate and make final decisions related to feature design and executes on those designs precisely (redirects course as needed.)
- Continuously measure success of the Mobile Banking product through customer satisfaction, delivery quality, and speed to market, and competitive position.
- Ensure technology Agile teammates understand priority and requirements of changes. Partners closely with and is (daily) available/accessible to the technical teams in New Britain CT. Ensures time is spent explaining the product to technical teams, channel partners, and experience-support team.
- Anticipate issues with delivery and features, solve issues proactively through communication and regular expectation-setting.
- Foster a trusting relationship with assigned technical team, LOB, Marketing team and other partners through accessibility and clarity of communication.
- Author and curate the collateral content, FAQ's, presentations, white papers or blogs that package the Mobile Banking product experience and share expertise to Corporate Communications, Marketing, and Executive Leaders.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- 3+ years in similar role with demonstrated success as a mobile product owner in an Agile shop, customer experience design, or related skills required.
- Demonstrated achievements in ownership of customer-facing mobile products.
- Demonstrated expertise in measuring Online and Mobile Channel product performance with available data.
- Demonstrated success in self-discovering improvement opportunities in a Digital Product or Services. Successful improvement of customer experience in an E-Commerce environment.
- Demonstrated success in building strong working relationships with partner teams.
You will know you are successful if
- Our customers are highly satisfied with our Mobile Banking app and our Digital Banking channel, as measured by CSAT metrics and App Store rating.
- Webster's Digital Banking customer experience is evolving in line with our strategic roadmap
- Product feature delivery by our IT and external partners improves quarter by quarter, measured through specific metrics
- Partner teams and leadership understand the value you are delivering to the product experience by our customers.