VP- Derivative Sales
Date ActiveMay 20, 2022 12:58:01 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Webster Bank has a USD 60+ billion balance sheet with several different business verticals. The derivative sales team is responsible for marketing the derivatives platform to Webster Bank commercial bank customers, prospects and COIs. In conjunction with commercial bank relationship managers, this work includes business development, relationship management, idea generation, thought leadership on markets, structuring, pricing & execution in relation to interest rate & FX derivatives. This role is responsible for providing coverage across business units within the Commercial Bank. The Derivatives Sales team aims to be forward looking, easy to work with, providing each of our customers with a customized service and bespoke offering that warrants an at or above ancillary share of their business. The role will implement this strategy while conducting business using the highest standards & values.
- Responsible for marketing Websters derivative platform to commercial bank customers/prospects in line with the overall commercial bank strategy (key internal stakeholder)
- Maintain and foster a collaborative approach to working with customers in conjunction with commercial bankers
- Develop business in relation to new clients / opportunities or new products with existing clients in the commercial bank via attending relevant commercial bank pipeline meetings, being in constant contact with relationship managers, providing content, being part of & attending joint or solo business development customer calls & presentations
- Provide ongoing relationship management to existing customers within the commercial bank portfolio
- Be creative in idea generation, maintain awareness of market trends & structure solutions to meet customers’ needs
- In line with desk policies and procedures, be able to onboard a client from a derivative opportunity perspective
- Structure, price and execute on interest rate and FX derivatives with customers and interbank counterparties
- Provide thought leadership on markets to customers as part of business development and relationship management
- Be proactive, meet targets, be commercially minded, drive the derivative business and help clients achieve their financial goals
- Enhance the Webster Bank customer experience over and above the outright lending experience
- Be a team player, providing back up to other team members when required
- Build internal and external awareness of the desk / platform & build relationships with all internal / external stakeholders
- Adhere to internal policy & external regulations and keep up to speed on changes.
Education, Experience & Skill:
- BS required in Finance or Economics.
- 3+ years of interest rate derivative experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an understanding of financial instruments and capital markets, and strong excel skills required.