Data Platform DevOps Leader
Date ActiveSep 16, 2021 3:39:03 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Data Platform Development and Operations Lead will be responsible for leading a 24/7 on call rotational technical team that provides support and development for Webster’s data and analytics platform. The Data Platform Development and Operations Lead will guide the team in troubleshooting and resolving data ingestion, integration and processing issues, while also developing solutions for use in troubleshooting, resolution, and process improvement.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
1. Leads and \works as part of a team that provides 24/7on call rotational support that ensures the timely delivery of accurate information to our data consumers.
2. Leads and works as part of a team that troubleshoots and solves problems - identifying root cause and implementing measures to correct and prevent future occurrences.
3. Leads and works as part of a team that performs development of solutions for use in troubleshooting and resolution.
4. Leads and works as part of a team that performs development of solutions for process improvement.
5. Understands our data usage needs and ensures that there is synergy between our data consumers and technology.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience in working with database technologies.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience working with analytical data stores.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience in the use of data integration tools and technologies.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience in software development.
• Knowledge in data management, data discovery, data cataloging, data lineage, data mining, data virtualization, and data governance concepts. Hands on experience in the use of tools and technologies in some of these areas is required.
• Knowledge in cloud concepts (i.e. AWS services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, ...).
• Ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to quickly understand the root cause of an issue and provide a resolution.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
• Enthusiastic learner and devoted to customer service and quality control.
• Strong social knowledge for interacting with various departments and teams across the organization.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude.